Tuesday, March 8, 2011

masterchef

Couple of weeks ago I asked encek K to bring me to Madam Kwans Restaurant. Told him I badly wanted to eat the banana fritters with vanilla ice cream there (memang sedap I tell you!). Of course he agreed and said he will bring me there during the weekend (hati adalah amat gumbira time ni).

Few days after that we went for our weekly grocery shopping spree. These days a tub of 'neapolitan flavour ice cream' is 'a must' on our grocery list. I have to have my ice cream supply at home. Crucial okeh! Geddit? Crucial!! Kalau takde ice cream boleh bawak gaduh weh :P

So anyways, while we were strolling around looking for veggies and fruits encek K saw the bananas section. We never bought any bananas everrr in our life (sounds funny lah the sentence), so yang ada time tu pisang montel and pisang berangan je. Terus encek K asked me "Yang awak tau tak kalau nak buat cekodok pisang tu sedap pakai pisang ape?". My answer was "Errrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, tak tau la yang, jap me call mama eh". Iye, saya mengaku memang saya tak tau selama ni pisang ape yang sedap di buat cekodok, saya tau makan je. Encek K told me not to call my mum and decided to buy pisang berangan, it was really cheap, only RM1.70 for 1 comb (ke sebenarnye mahal tapi kitorang rasa murah sebab tak pernah beli pisang seumur hidup ni?). Tak kisahla janji RM1.70 kan, layankan aje beli pisang..

The next morning (which was Saturday), bangun-bangun je I heard bunyi keletang-keletung from the kitchen, memang dah agak encek K was cooking breakfast. He loves to cook especially during the weekend. Dalam hati cakap "Wah semangat sungguh laki aku nak masak cekodok pepagi nih". Moments later he called for me saying breakfast will be ready soon. I got up, washed my face, brushed my teeth and sambung bergolek-golek in front of the TV pulak. Kejap after that he came with our breakfast plates. And it was not cekodok pisang, it was banana fritters with vanilla ice creammmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

Ya Allah! I was like "Eh apa ni sayang?". Then he said "Surpriseeeee for you, makan lah". And I cried there and then *yeah gangguan emosi amat jelas di situ, tetiba nangis tak tentu hala* Sambil nangis sambil cakap "Sayang pass me my blackberry, nak amek gambar, nak mobile upload" (sempat lagi nak mobile upload tu). After snapping the picture, terus ngapppp the fritters with the ice cream, was still crying abit sebab terharu that he cooked the dessert for me plus sedappppppp gilerrrr puhleaseeeee. Couldn't stop thanking him for the dessert. I bedal 2 pinggan terus and terus cancel plan nak gi Madam Kwans. The ones hubby made was waaaaay better! :))

Hehehhehe, after mobile upload tu ramai lerr pulak our friends BBM-ed us; requesting encek K to make the dessert for them :) bolehhh bolehhh tapi korang beli lah pisang and ice cream, pastu bawak to our house.

my masterchef :)))

madam kwans punye --> 1 scoop ice cream + 2 fritters = rm10 to rm15 I think
ours --> 1 tub of ice cream + sesikat pisang = rm5.90+rm1.70 =rm7.60 (boleh makan sampai lebam)


Another recent breakfast surprise for me as well, egg roll pancake with mix salad. Inside the pancake ada salad, onions, green pepper, mustard, mayo and chilli sauce. Ni pun sodapppp gak!

sodap dan menyihatkan


Last but not least, asek cerite pasal encek K je yang masak, I pun ada masak for him jugak (chewah!). Tapi yang I masak ni tak setanding encek K laaa. Masak biasa-biasa je. I made dadih for him (made 'em few times already). Yup he loves dadih, selalu kalau pegi pasar malam mesti beli tapi kengkadang tak sedap sangat kan. So I made some for him :) Nak tau rahsia nak bagi dadih ni sedap rasa macam ice cream? Sooo easy pheasyyy. Ikut instruction kat belakang packaging tu tapi part yang susu cair tu gantikan separuh ngan coffee mate creamer. Contoh: dalam instruction cakap campurkan 100ml susu cair, tapi instead campurkan 50ml susu cair, 50ml coffee mate. Confirm the dadih will taste like ice cream yummehhhhh!

dadih yang rasa macam ice cream


0 comments: