Monday, January 7, 2013

productive Saturday?


How was your weekend peeps?
Ours was a quiet one. Quiet = no outing, just chillaxing at home.

Encek K was working last Saturday, so it was just me and the little guy.
Actually it was quite a productive Saturday I must say.

Got up around 8am, did first batch of laundry and head off to Giant for some groceries with Miqa.
As usual had to bribe him first with his fave Dutch Lady Milk, or else, he will easily get bored and he will try to grabbed things off the shelf (alahai anak...)


rasuah Dutch Lady strawberry milk!



I was on my "rajin" mode on Saturday.
Told encek K earlier I wanted to make some roasted chicken with veggies, coleslaw and also mashed potatoes.
So I bought all the things that I needed and headed home.

At home, first things first, I cooked Miqa's porridge, then bathed him, then gave him milk, then sidai baju, then vacummed the house, then did the second laundry and then only started marinating my chicken.

I used a couple of garlic, olive oil, a bit of oyster sauce, black pepper, basil, thyme, paprika, chilli powder.
Campak everything (brocolli, cauliflower, carrot) including the chicken and leave it in the fridge.

For the coleslaw, I used cabbage and carrot then I add some coleslaw dressing, a bit of low fat milk, a bit of sugar and salt.

Unfortunately, I did not manage to do the mashed potato (gagal sungguh!)
No potatoes at home  -__-
 I didn't buy it earlier coz I thought I still have some potatoes at home, but there was actually none left (my bad la kan).

Anyhoots, I started to baked the whole thing when encek K was on his way home. About 30 minutes in the oven.

preparing the ingredients

before going into the oven


tadaaa!


Encek K gave the chicken two thumbs up ewahhhh!
But he said the coleslaw was a little dry *pftttttttttttttttttt*
But, he did finish up everything muahahahahha :) *lompat bintang sebab suami makan sampai licin*

After the late lunch, I did another set of laundry and put the little guy for his afternoon nap.


 Then.....wait for it.....
Drumroll please......
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.


I managed to drag myself the gym that evening!  ^_^
Told ya it was a productive Saturday!

1.5 hours at the gym is better than no gym at all right?

And when I came home, both of my boys were still 'napping'.

After maghrib, all of us went back to hometown, as usual both nenek was already missing Miqa.


After 1.5 hours at the gym I don't feel so bad lah kan whacking nasi goreng ayam and yong tau foo soup!

0 comments: